COVID-19 Guidelines and Considerations
Please review and sign the 2020 OVSL Infectious Disease Waiver using the link below. Any player without a signed waiver on file will not be permitted to participate in the Fall 2020 Season. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, or to request a hard-copy waiver to sign.
Guidelines for Fall 2020
The below guidelines are to be followed for all OVSL participants and spectators. These guidelines are tailored after The Ohio Health Department's complete Responsible Restart guidance for Youth Sports. These guidelines are subject to change in accordance with any future guidance from the CDC, Ohio Health Department, or the Washington County Health Department:
- Players and coaches must be assessed for symptoms of COVID-19 before each practice and game; any participant who experiences symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home
- All participants and spectators are to wear face coverings when social distancing cannot be maintained, with the following exceptions:
- Players, coaches and referees are not required to wear a mask while actively engaged in on-field activities or competitions
- Health-related exceptions outlined by The Ohio Department of Health
- Players may not share gear, water or snacks— this includes goalkeeper jerseys and gloves
- Player, coach and referee gear must be kept separated on the sidelines by at least six feet
- Participants and spectators may not congregate before or after games; this includes pregame huddles and post-game handshakes
- Participants and spectators must must keep six-feet social distance while not actively participating in competitive play or practice
- Seating/Standing locations will be marked out on the sidelines of each field. Families are to sit together at these marks to ensure social distancing from other families. Each team will be assigned one half of each field during games for spectator separation (home/away)
- Coaches are encouraged to incorporate more drills that focus on individual skills to reduce the need for full contact practice drills
- Coaches must review CDC's Video "Youth Sports: Tips to Protect Players from COVID-19"